Last week was horrible for and I thought it would be the end of the world, for me. But, with FAITH, I was able to control the situation and because of my strong faith in God, my problems were resolved. Thank God!
It made me realized many things. Trials are not the reason to give up or make you fear, hopeless, hateful, or at times we blame everyone and even God for the challenges that we're facing. In fact, trials are signals that we have to cling on more to God and submit ourselves to Him for He has a better plan for all of us.
When have deeper relationship to the Lord, all the problems that we've been longing to pray for.. Most of them are answered one by one, sometimes all at the same time or in times that you won't even expect to happen.
It was last week that I witnessed God's miracle. As He has answered my prayers one by one. I just prayed hard as if I was talking to my bestfriend sharing my burden. Suddenly, I found answers, better options (not only one), ways on how to deal with my problems. Indeed, God is good! We just have to ask (pray) blessings from God and we will receive. Of course, we have to be patient and sincere in praying. Sometimes, God says no to our prayers because He knows what's the best for us. We just have to TRUST in the Lord.
Session 4: The Christian Ideal: LOVING GOD
1. God wants us to make loving Him our highest ideal. Thus, God made into a commandment of the highest priority.
Matthew 22:37-38 - "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul and with all your mind" This is the greatest and the first commandment.
2. We are to love God with all our hearts.
* Not an emotion, which is changeable, but rather a commitment, a decision to LOVE
* We are to be totally committed to God, to put Him first
* We need to have a personal relationship with God, and spend regular time with Him in PRAYER nad the BIBLE
3. We are to love God with all our minds
* We are to serve God with the use of our mind
* We keep our minds clean and holy
* We use our minds according to God's truths and not according to the world's ways.
* We preoccupy our minds with the things of God
* We protect and preserve our minds from unholy influences
4. We are to love God with all our strength
* We give God all our resources: time, money energy, gifts, abilities, possessions
5. We are to love God with all our souls.
* Nurturing our spirit with prayers, self reflection, meditation. By doing good and following His first and second commandments.
6. Jesus is our model in loving God
* Dedicated to accomplishing his mission
* Obedient unto death
* Constantly seeking the Father's will
In our self reflection everyday, let's think about these questions below:
How have we loved God in a concrete way? How can we say that we love God?