Sunday, March 13, 2011

Report of Birth, Birth Certificate and New Born Passport (Part 2)

Applying for newborn passport at the US embassy was easy. First, before you apply for a US new born passport, you have to set an appointment online by logging on to and go to this link for new born passport

There is no other way than this because you cannot go directly to the US Embassy here in Bangkok without your appointment set because they won't let you in or entertain you inside. Once you logged on to their website, make sure that you have downloaded all the correct forms needed for your application of your baby's passport.

There are several forms to be filled out by parents. If each of the parent is not an American citizen, he or she has to provide her additional information.


Note: Please fill out forms in advance—see below for appropriate links.

1. Make an appointment online. The American Citizen Services section accepts applications for Consular Reports of Birth Abroad by appointment only.

2. Complete form DS-2029, Application for Consular Report of Birth Abroad. The form is available at: Do not sign the form until instructed to do so at your appointment.

3. Complete form DS-5507, Affidavit of Parentage, Physical Presence and Support. Do not sign until instructed to do so at your appointment.

4. If applying for a passport at the same time, complete the passport application form DS-11. Both parents must sign the passport application for children under the age of 16, but do not sign until instructed to do so at your appointment. Please see additional passport requirements for children under the age of 16.

5. Submit the completed forms listed above and required supporting documents (see below for details) to the American Citizen Services section at your appointment.

When you come for your appointment, please bring:

* Your child, even a newborn, must appear in person at the US embassy at the time you make the application. There are no exceptions for this requirement.

* Both parents (or a notarized consent from the non-appearing parent)

Documentary Requirements:

A. Original Thai birth certificate for the child (issued by the district office) and an English translation.

B. Proof of citizenship of U.S. citizen parent/s such as Passport, Certificate of Live Birth, etc. (please visit their website for other docs)

C. Passport of both parents

D. Marriage Certificate (if married)

E. Proof of Termination of Previous Marriage (Divorce Decree & Death Certificate)

F. Pay $100 for a Consular Report of Birth Abroad, $105 for a passport for a minor under the age of 16; total of $205. Fees may be paid in U.S. Dollars, Thai Baht, or by credit card. (fees may change, please visit their website)


You won't be allowed to take your digital camera, mobile phone, or other electronic device other than your document, US Embassy has very tight security. There is no parking area for personal vehicles within the vicinity. We parked at the Tops supermarket, a few blocks away from the US embassy. If you're going to commute, from any BTS station, get off the Phloenchit station and take a walk or ride a motorcycle.


U.S. Embassy Bangkok
120/22 Wireless Road, Bangkok, Thailand 10330

Hours of Operations:
Monday – Friday, 7:00am-4:00pm,
excluding official holidays.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...