Saturday, October 29, 2011
Technically, my family and I are still on the safe grounds, no floods (as of now).. But, we aren't sure of what's gonna happen tomorrow. Atleast, we are prepared on how to prevent getting sick by reading and understanding what was listed below:
Anyway, PREVENTION is still better than cure.
6 Diseases to Be Cautious During Floods
Leptospirosis is an epidemic which is contracted from animals. It is caused by the bacteria called Leptospira which is present in animals’ urine such as mice, cows and buffaloes. Human being can be infected by leptospira bacteria through open wound or through skin that has been in the water for a prolong period of time. The bacteria can also enter the body through the mucous membrane of the eyes and mouth.
Symptoms: Leptospirosis has two different types of symptoms. The less severe one has the symptoms of a normal cold with headaches, fever and muscles aches. This can be cured if the patient acts early and seeks medical attention right at the beginning of the illness. The more severe one has the symptoms of red eye infection, watery eyes, unable to tolerate bright lights. When the infection spread to the brain, the patient will become delirious, slip into coma. And if the disease infects the entire body, it may cause internal bleeding which can result in death.
Prevention: Avoid walking and swimming in trapped flood water, especially children, who enjoy treading or swimming in flood water. If you cannot avoid walking through the flooded areas, try to walk quickly and try not to stay in the water for too long as the skin become soft and tender and can be infected more easily. You should wear rubber boots every time you walk in the water to prevent foot injury and to prevent pathogens from contacting the wound on the foot or leg as well as prevent being bitten by animals in the water. People who have an onset of a headache and fever, must immediately see their doctor, do not wait until the symptoms become more serious as it may be too late for treatment.
This disease is caused by bacteria Vibrio Cholera which is spread in drinking water and food. The flies are carriers of this disease. The disease is contracted by drinking and eating food swarmed by flies that are infected with cholera bacteria and by eating uncooked food.
Symptoms: The patient has watery stool several times a day. He may have abdominal pain or vomiting. But if the infection is severe, the patient will have diarrhea of enormous volume that looks like rice-water and smells fishy.
Prevention: Eat clean and freshly cooked food and drink boiled water; wash and clean your hands and food containers. Do not use flood water to wash food containers and avoid contact with cholera patients. If you contract the disease, you must seek medical advice and follow the medical instructions.
3. Typhoid fever
This is caused by Salmonella Typhi bacteria which may be present in water and food similar to cholera disease. It is spread by contaminated drinking water and food.
Symptoms: When first contracted with this disease, the symptoms will not be apparent immediately. The symptoms will be obvious after about 1 week. The patients have headaches, loss of appetite, have high fever, diarrhea, some develop rash on the body, stomach bloating. The symptoms may go away within 1 month by itself. However, the patients should still seek medical advice if they contract this disease to prevent complications such as contracting pneumonia.
Prevention: Avoid food that may be contaminated. This means that you eat clean food from a clean container including washing your hands before every meal. You should also avoid street food in an area that is unclean or high risk for contamination. Alternatively, you can get vaccinated against typhoid fever.
4. Hepatitis A
The inflammation of the liver cells causes the liver to function abnormally.Virus that causes inflammation of the liver during the flood period is hepatitis A. This illness can be caused by eating dirty or uncooked food.
Symptoms: In the first week, the patients have mild fever, loss of appetite, abdominal pain, pain around the right rib cage, urine of dark tea color as well as an onset of jaundice and yellow eyes. The patients may be back to normal within 2-4 weeks.
Prevention: Eat clean and cooked food. Do not share the same drinking glass and spoon with others.
This is caused by bacteria called Chlamydia trachomatis and Bacterial Conjunctivitis. It may be due to allergies or exposure to toxic materials, often caused by rubbing the eyes with dirty hands or with a towel or handkerchief.
Symptoms: The patients have itchy eyes. Some may feel so itchy that they have to rub their eyes all the time. Some may feel only minor irritation and have more discharge than usual. The discharge is pus like and makes the eye sticks shut in the morning. Their vision may be unclear or blurred. Some may have eye sore.
Prevention: Wash your hands, do not share cosmetics, towels, handkerchiefs with others. Avoid touching your eyes in all cases, do not share eye drops with others. If your eyes start to feel itchy or irritating, consult a pharmacist or doctor without delay.
6. Dengue Fever
This is caused by virus infection with aedes aegypti mosquitoes as the carrier. The disease is frequently found in children. The outbreaks are common in the rainy season which is the breeding season for these mosquitoes.
Symptoms: Patient has high fever for 2-7 days, loss of appetite, vomit with some brownish materials, muscle pain, reddish skin, rash, red blood spots on the skin. In the advanced stage, the patient will have low fever, cold hands and feet, rapid pulse rate, small amount of urination. They may vomit frequently and may have a shock.
If they experience these symptoms, they should see a doctor immediately.
Prevention: Try to avoid being bitten by mosquitoes by applying mosquito repellent. This is the best method. And do not leave containers with water around the house because they will become breeding ground for the mosquitoes. If you are contracted with this disease, you must avoid mosquito bites as they will spread the disease to others.
Photos by: Cecille Cruda via Facebook
My special thanks to Cecille for these photo shots that I grabbed today. I'm glad she's safe notwithstanding this flood crisis. I hope and pray that this will end up soon.
Friday, October 28, 2011
Bangkok faces worst flooding yet, governor warns
October 26, 2011|By the CNN Wire Staff
Bangkok faces the highest flood levels yet and is preparing for the worst, the governor of the Thai capital told CNN Wednesday.
Residents are urged to flee the rising floodwaters, which have already forced the closure of Bangkok's Don Muang airport and the evacuation of flood victims who have taken refuge there.
Thailand's government has declared a five-day public holiday in flood-affected provinces to try to encourage people to seek safety elsewhere before high tides expected this weekend.
But Bangkok Gov. Sukhumbhand Paripatra told CNN the authorities could not evacuate a whole city and it was difficult to persuade the Thai people to leave their homes, despite the risk.
All the 50 districts of Bangkok will be flooded according to Thaivisa.com and many people are scared about this. People everywhere are panic buying everyday. Those who have cars/vehicles decided to park on the fly over bridges. Most houses and offices have sand bags in front of their houses and fences as high as 1 meter. And some just have it fixed with concrete cement as wall so that their house or office entrance will be safe from floods.
We also made some preparations like putting our appliances and furnitures upstairs to the 2nd floor of our entertainment room. It is good to have a two storey house because we have more rooms to put and keep our valuable things safe from flood. In addition, We made sure that the breaker downstairs was switched off to avoid short circuit or damage of our electric system and appliances. We usually use electric cooker/stove and grill for our cooking. But, we also have a gas stove (LPG), just in case, the electricity will be cut off anytime. We have stocks of drinking water, too. All these were ready since 2nd week of October! But, Thank GOD! No floods in our Village.
Everyday, we go out to buy things that we need or go places just to kill boredom. I mean, who's going to be happy spending time the whole day at home. My partner has got two weeks off and sad to say, we couldn't go outside Bangkok because of this flooding situation here. His vacation has been extended due to flooding.
I wake up everyday with a thankful heart that we are safe from flooding and still continue praying that tomorrow will be the same. I just got lucky that I didn't have to cancel my part time job (tutorial) with all these flooding. We were thinking about moving out last August, but Thank GOD! We didn't. Because, if we do.. we won't probably be safe. Now, we have learned to appreciate what we have.
When we go out of our Village, there is no flood. When I go to my part time job, there is no flood. The Ramkamkeng Road Keha has no floods. I go flood hunting every day and night, checking downstairs if there is flood coming into our house. I worried about my hubby's car, though. I'll just leave it all to God.
I am praying for the victims and those who are going to be affected by this flooding. This is really alarming as half of Bangkok has been submerged in water. It will soon reach our place, too (but, I hope not).
The following are excerpts from Press Release No. 15 dated 24 October of the Flood Relief Operations Center (FROC):
"At the FROC in Don Mueang, Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra said that since flood water is passing through Bangkok before being released into the sea, Bangkok residents might be affected by the huge volume of water.
"Even so, she said, flood water in the city is likely to be between 50 centimeters and one meter high, depending on the situation in each area.
"Minister of Science and Technology Plodprasop Suraswai said that, based on an assessment, stagnant flood water would remain for about one month, or one month and a half. The most critical period would be this week when the water level is high."
Based on reports, the "critical period" starts on the 27th, Thursday.
THINGS YOU CAN DO NOW:
1. Stock up on water, lots of water using every available container. If you have bath tubs, fill them up with water too.
2. Make sure your cell phones are fully charged at all times.
3. Put your passports and other vital personal documents in a safe place. Wrap them in sturdy plastic to keep them from getting wet.
4. Call the Embassy hotlines (Philippine Embassy 08-9926-5954 or 08-4360-8405) at the slightest hint of an emergency.
God bless, Bangkok.. Let's pray for everyone, everyday. Take care.
Wednesday, October 12, 2011
Earlier this morning, I've received a phone call from the Principal's office of Ramkhamhaeng Adventist International School to cover a class (again) because the same teacher last time was absent. I had no clue about the subjects for today, but I was glad everything was ready.
I was told to come at 7:40am. But as usual, I was early because my boyfriend offered me a ride this morning and I was so excited, happy and ready to teach.
I taught the same class yesterday... Grade 1-A and Grade 1-B. My subjects were English (spelling quiz), Math (problem solving), Religion (color the pictures). The last period was called "adventure", where they watch a short cartoon via LCD projector.
There were 10 students in my class (5 were absent). I told them to make a line and we went to the Bldg. C together, I had to guide them as they're running, shouting and pushing on our way to the hall ways and the floors. It was tiring but fulfilling job. When we arrived, I checked them all if they're all there and once in awhile told them to remain silent while watching and listen to the program.
The program was about the "International School Library Week" which is celebrated on October 10-14, 2011. The objective of the program is to introduce the new way of learning not only through books but the use of the internet in researching and studying, they called this new system as "Britannica Online School Edition for PREk-12". They were taught to use it (username and pasword)Encouraging the students to read more books and stories everyday.
There was a story telling activity held by Teacher Lily (the adviser of Grade 1-B, She's from Alabama). She was also the host of the trivia contest about "library and books". Students are really smart and could speak good english. I could tell the differences because I taught students of the same grade level in a government school. Children enjoyed watching the show and so was I.
After the program, we went back to the room. Our next subject was Math. Then, we had our lunch at Canteen's Cafeteria. Teacher Lily and I talked about many things about school and her country. She's fun to be with!
Classes ended at 2:40pm. It was raining hard and the flood... made me panic that time. But, I got home safely. Thank God!
Monday, October 10, 2011
I have been yearning to write this topic so much for a very long time. There's nothing wrong about borrowing IF you have the responsibility, financial capability and initiative to payback for what you've owed at the right date you've promised to or within the agreement day and time. Although, the latter may be negotiable, this MUST NOT be HABITUAL! (read my lips~ H A B I T U A L).
Sometimes, it is not difficult to lend money, more so, if the person is really paying on time. However, it is not always JUST the issue. Yes, you pay on time alright! Wait a second... DO YOU REALIZE.... ? If not, think again.
1. Where is s/he getting the money to lend you?
a. So, you think it's because s/he has enough money because s/he is rich or someone is supporting his/her needs... you assumed that s/he won't need it anymore, anytime that you need it? Wake up?! Money is essential to everyone! rich or poor, young or old, etc.
b. You will borrow money from unmarried/single friends or someone who has no child/ren because you think that they have no obligations, whatsoever unlike you? Who doesn't need money, these days?
c. Oh, you have a very, very super close friends and you just believed in yourself that no matter what you tell (that you need money/or lies just to borrow), s/he will understand ALWAYS because s/he cares for you. Come on! Do not ABUSE your friend because of your hidden agenda. You don't make friends so you could take advantage of them, do you? Shame on you!
d. Your friend has a stable or many part time jobs and that gives you a hint to borrow INSTANT money like an ATM! Again.... SHAME ON YOU!
2. Did you atleast double check if she is willing to lend you or forced because of your "FRIENDSHIP"?
In some cases, people who are forced to lend money in the name of friendship are those who knew that they are being abused because it becomes "habitual"; know that the person is not actually in NEED but used alibis (lies) to support his/her vices (drugs, shopaholic, discoholic, womanizing/manoholic, gambling,etc.); doesn't want to let his/her "friend" down (try to please); know that payment will be delayed (way too much!); know that the person has just payed but will lend again and again (it's a cycle); always have a money problem everytime, if not everyday... THESE ARE NOTHING but "LAME EXCUSES"
3. How much trouble are you creating for borrowing money from a friend?
a. it can destroy your friendship (if not paid the exact money on time and if you do it frequently)
b. s/he will definitely lose control of the budget because you borrowed the money intended for something else which may be important to her/him.
c. you're problem about money, eventually becomes his/her PROBLEM (whew!)
d. what if s/he doesn't really have enough money to lend you but because you made her/him believe that you NEED the money for so and so... Now, s/he was forced to borrow money from anyone just to help (bail) you out.
e. what if s/he needs the money on time and you couldn't pay for it? wouldn't you be ashamed of it?
I am not saying that borrowing or lending money is bad. I am not saying either that we should not borrow or lend money when we need it the most. What I am trying to point out is that... Friendship should not be treated like it is convenient to burden your friend about your money problem. We should all be responsible on our monthly financial obligations and priority. Living within the means is absolutely the way of life. Managing our financial matters on weekly, monthly or yearly basis won't be that easy but atleast, we could have tried... Find ways to get more money, work hard.. do something productive.. try not to be someone else's BURDEN.
In case of emergency, a true friend can be of help.. most importantly when it is between LIFE and DEATH situation.
What about these reasons?
1. I need 3k baht for my condo's advance and deposit fee, I will pay on next pay day, (next month)
take note:borrowed the money 1st week of the month and the salary will be the 30th of next month which will be delayed 2-3 days, as usual. The person has already transferred 15 days ago or less, how come this person was able to move in without the deposit/advance payment. In the first place, why is this person too brave to move without enough money? (Lame excuse!)
2. I need money again, my brother's girlfriend got a caesarian operation.
Duh! Is this LIFE and DEATH situation? I don't think so! The brother and the girlfriend must have saved money for that... They have 9 months (more or less) to prepare for the money. Getting pregnant doesn't happen in just wink of an eye! They should've known better.
3. I have a favor, can I borrow money from you because I need it, badly...
Then, the next days will shock you... This person is having a good time with other friends clubbing, partying anywhere and you can see the new clothes, shoes, accessories and new hairstyle... As if, this person has no problem about money or anything. But, when s/he called for help, s/he will always remember to call you first (does it ring a bell?). This person only remembers you when "money problem" arises (tsk,tsk,tsk!)
4. The person will call you and say... "Huhuhu, I have a big problem, my pseudo bf didn't call or SMS me back. I'm sick now because of that and my work place is so terrible, the salary is delayed again.. and now I'm in the hospital by myself.." Can you lend me money please?
Why in the first place did she admit herself in the private hospital without enough money? This is too petty, but come to think of it... She won't allow you to visit her (I don't see any reason why?) or maybe she was lying. I'm afraid this person, whenever she gets sick... She remembers me! She remembers to borrow money from me! (oh my!)
5. Can you do me a favor? (I'm getting nervous on the next sentences after this) ...Can you let me borrow 2k baht? I'm totally broke right now. (And how the heck is it my fault?)
It was 16th of the month! A day after the pay day (gosh!) Where is s/he taking his/her money? It's not bad celebrating and enjoying your singleness but please do not bother other people just because of luxuries you cannot afford/sustain. Be financially responsible for yourself! (Argh! Pathetic excuse)
5. I need money, bro. I wanna buy LCD TV or the famous Sony Internet TV, can I borrow money?
Whoa! Really? Have you ever asked yourself if the person has got one at home?! You're really borrowing money for that because you think it is a "need"? Don't you think it's a little annoying, rude and selfish thinking only yourself? Be sensitive and GROW UP!
As much as possible, refrain from borrowing or lending money to a friend so as to preserve your friendship. Furthermore, both of you will have self respect and concern for one another when you put yourself into his/her own shoes.
If friendship matters to you.. try to consider these;
- don’t always ask the same person on money (that is too annoying!)
- don’t ask for large amounts of money that you knew you couldn't afford
to pay back in FULL (you may end up in court or you may lose a friend or both)
- don't remember your friend just because you're in need of money
- don't treat your friend as ATM (that you can borrow any day any time, any place for whatever reasons you may have)
- don't tell lies just to give in to luxuries of your life by borrowing money
- be sincere and keep your promise to pay your debt on time (it matters a lot!) or atleast update/communicate openly if you cannot be able to fulfill your promise
- remember to thank your friend after receiving the money and/or when you have the money to pay for it. This is humility.
- make an initiative to pay your debt and don't wait for your friend to remind you of it.
- if your friend may not be able to lend you, don't get angry, gossip about her/him because s/he has the right not to save. S/he has the right to refuse. S/he does not actually have to explain why. We have to be financially responsible once we became adults.
If you can't help but lend money to your friend, consider these:
- since you've helped him/her all the time, anytime.. don't be surprised if s/he will borrow the next time, until you get tired of doing it.
- do you know that by lending him/her money anytime, you only encourage the person to depend on you. S/he may take advantage of his/her other friends because s/he could fool and/or use you.
- it's difficult sometimes to say "no, you can't" but if you try atleast, s/he will realize that it's not always okay to borrow money from you.
- when you can't lend money to your friend, beware not to hurt his/her feelings or ego. You can say it in a nice way without being rude or mean.
- learn to examine your friend if s/he has initiative to pay money on time so that you won't be harassed when you need the money at the right time. If s/he can't keep her/his promise all the time, that is code red that s/he will do it again and again.
- remember that lending money to a friend is actually taking a "big risk" of either not getting the money back (in full and on time) or/and could lead to ruining your good friendship.
- we should not feel guilty if we cannot lend money to our friends, we don't have money all the time and even if we do... we ourselves have got our own financial priorities.
Saturday, October 8, 2011
Don't Judge Life By One Difficult Season
There was a man who had four sons. He wanted his sons to learn not to judge things too quickly. So he sent them each on a quest, in turn, to go and look at a pear tree that was a great distance away.
The first son went in the winter, the second in the spring, the third in summer, and the youngest son in the fall. When they had all gone and come back, he called them together to describe what they had seen.
The first son said that the tree was ugly, bent, and twisted. The second son said, “no – it was covered with green buds and full of promise”. The third son disagreed; he said it was laden with blossoms that smelled so sweet and looked so beautiful, it was the most graceful thing he had ever seen. The last son disagreed with all of them; he said it was ripe and drooping with fruit, full of life and fulfillment.
The man then explained to his sons that they were all right, because they had each seen but only one season in the tree’s life.
He told them that you cannot judge a tree, or a person, by only one season, and that the essence of who they are and the pleasure, joy, and love that come from that life can only be measured at the end, when all the seasons are up.
If you give up when it’s winter, you will miss the promise of your spring, the beauty of your summer, fulfillment of your fall.
Moral: Don’t let the pain of one season destroy the joy of all the rest. Don’t judge life by one difficult season. Persevere through the difficult patches and better times are sure to come some time or later.
Thursday, October 6, 2011
Well~ actually, I wanted to travel around Europe and USA... yes... TRAVEL! you heard it right. I just wanna travel not interested living there (hahaha!!!) I hate winter, it's killing me. Anyway, that is not my topic today (grin).
The first attempt about going to Malaysia (truly Asia) was last January, 2011. My buddies were planning to go Malaysia for a vacation. They told me interesting stories about Malaysia. One of them, has already visited once but that was long time ago. And so we were saying that we will go.. blah, blah, blah... The problem was, when I asked them about the money that we have to prepare, (hotel expenses, food and fare) nobody has answered me straight. But, not only that... some said they were going but many have backed out already as they have learned that it will be so expensive and the visa will not be worth it. We didn't go because we were all not sure of everything. Lack of preparedness, inexperineced, etc.
My second and I hope it won't be the last (sigh!), Due to visa concerns... I thought about going to Malaysia (again) with my previous co-worker. All the while, I thought everything was planned because she said that her contact was really decided to go (must)... It was really quick! We planned it October 3 and the trip was the following day. I have already told my partner everything and he gave me 6k (I just asked 4k lol) plus the debit card (in case, my money will not be enough to support me while I'm there.
So the following day came, and I was completely ready everything! I already went out of the house and even gave instructions to my part time nanny how to go about while I'm gone! In short, everything was set.
I've got a phone call from her saying that she couldn't go because she didn't have much money to spend and she realized it would be risky. It was like... OKAY! so that's it? She added that it's also the visa thing so I was really disappointed but it wouldn't help. I couldn't blame her all because I didn't double check everything. I just thought that she was sure of going with the group. Anyway, it was past.
Then, I sent SMS to my hubby what had happened that day. He gave me a call and we thought about going there 3rd or 4th week. He is going to have a semestral break this month! We thought of going to Changmai, but it's not good this time because of floods.
But, still Malaysia trip was canceled (thumbs down!)
Tuesday, September 27, 2011
Here is the email that I've got this morning. I just wanted to share here for those who want to read and those minds, hearts and spirits are OPEN.
Never Borrow From The Future
An Angel says, 'Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.'
2. Go to bed on time.
3. Get up on time so you can start the day unrushed.
4. Say "NO" to projects that won't fit into your time schedule, or that will compromise your mental health.
5. Delegate tasks to capable others.
6. Simplify and unclutter your life.
7. Less is more. (Although one is often not enough, two are often too many.)
8. Allow extra time to do things and to get to places.
9. Pace yourself. Spread out big changes and difficult projects over time; don't lump the hard things all together.
10. Take one day at a time.
11. Separate worries from concerns . If a situation is a concern, find out what God would have you do and let go of the anxiety . If you can't do anything about a situation, forget it.
12. Live within your budget; don't use credit cards for ordinary purchases.
13. Have backups; an extra car key in your wallet, an extra house key buried in the garden, extra stamps, etc.
14. K.M.S. (Keep Mouth Shut). This single piece of advice can prevent an enormous amount of trouble.
15. Do something for the Kid in YOU everyday.
16. Carry a Book with you to read while waiting in line.
17. Get enough rest.
18. Eat right.
19 Get organized so everything has its place.
20. Listen to a tape while driving that can help improve your quality of life.
21. Write down thoughts and inspirations.
22. Every day, find time to be alone.
23. Having problems? Talk to God on the spot. Try to nip small problems in the bud. Don't wait until it's time to go to bed to try and pray..
24. Make friends with Godly people.
25. Keep a folder of favorite scriptures on hand.
26. Remember that the shortest bridge between despair and hope is often a good 'Thank you Jesus .'
28. Laugh some more!
29 Take your work seriously, but not yourself at all.
30. Develop a forgiving attitude (most people are doing the best they can).
31. Be kind to unkind people (they probably need it the most).
32. Sit on your ego.
33 Talk less; listen more.
34. Slow down.
35. Remind yourself that you are not the general manager of the universe.
36 Every night before bed, think of one thing you're grateful for that you've never been grateful for before. GOD HAS A WAY OF TURNING THINGS AROUND FOR YOU. 'If God is for us, who can be against us?(Romans 8:31)
Feel free to repost or forward to anyone whom you wanted to have (more)
Monday, September 5, 2011
"No relationship is perfect, ever. There are always some ways you have to bend, to compromise, to give something up in order to gain something greater. The love we have for each other is bigger than these small differences and that's the key. It's like a big pie chart and the love in a relationship has to be the biggest piece. Love can make up for a lot."
"I am coming to terms with the fact that loving someone requires a leap of faith, and that a soft landing is never guaranteed."
But, I love her other books like.. "Just Listen" and "The Truth About Forever"
"There comes a time when the world gets quiet and the only thing left is your own heart. So you'd better learn the sound of it. Otherwise you'll never understand what it's saying." (Just Listen)
Friday, September 2, 2011
Through this sorrowful journey in the past, I have learned something valuable. They are the following:
1. Yet friends are helpful at times, but FAMILY is still the most important thing in my LIFE and they'll always be there anytime.
2. In dealing with friends in general, less talk.. less mistakes. Sometimes, there are things that we candidly share to "someone-we-called-friend" which they used against you (behind your back!) because they feel superior. I don't know anyone who hasn't got problems, really.. do you? So, I learned to shut up a little bit. Although, this could make me sick, LOL.
3. Choosing my words carefully and avoiding people who just wanna make gossip about other people. It's not my business to listen to others' problems for I have so much problems to think about, too. If they need my advice and counseling, I must hear it straight from their mouths otherwise, I don't care.
4. Some people may think I am an anti-social person and indifferent, but it's better like this atleast, I can manage my life as a good mother and partner. Who would think that sometimes being so socially visible can be harmfulf? Which is important? My FAMILY of course!
5. Widen my circle and mingle with moms like me who are dealing with the same challenges everyday, that way.. I could be able to get something useful that I need and at the same time share some things (common interests) that I think would be helpful to some moms like me.
6. Revisiting my goals and objective this year and beyond. I sometimes tend to sway a little bit, and so self discipline is needed.
7. Sex is not the only thing about building up a good relationship or to get along with your partner. It is essential, I know. But, if you have goals not to get pregnant again.. it would be helpful to really have self control and abstinence is the answer! Not so easy, though~ I'm glad, my partner initiated it.. unbelievable.
8. Avoid toxic people to have stress-free day everyday. This way, I could be able to minimize dealing with life's daily challenges as well.
I love it this way. I could think deeply as how to live my life fruitfully. Life is not that bad, after all!
Sunday, July 3, 2011
There are the types of friends that are messy. They like to engage in gossip and bring your name into the conversation without your authorization. This might be because they want to make you look bad or to cover themselves.
Here are some bad signs(that could possibly lead to argument and war) we have to watch out for when making friends
1. Assets - They will also use you because you have assets like a car, your own apartment/home, make lots of money, have vacation property, to get close to your boyfriend or brother. They will eat up your house and home and even use your beauty products. But when you confront them, they become angry. They disrespect you and your belongings. You may also notice borrowing become an issue. They borrow money and never pay you back. Borrow your clothes, property, and never give it. Return it damaged. Let other people use/wear your belongings. They may also ask for a favor but can never return a favor.
2. "It's all about me" type of friends - They always talk about themselves. Also, they could care a less about you... your day, how you're feeling, etc. You may also notice that they brag a lot. Whether it be about themselves, materialistic possessions, boyfriend, getting married, or a vacation, they always find something to make them sound better than you. Seems to always have an opinion about everything. An opinion is a person's ideas and thoughts towards something. It is an assessment, judgment or evaluation of something. An egocentric person has no theory of mind, cannot "put himself in other people's shoes," and believes everyone sees what he sees (or that what he sees in some way exceeds what others see. It appears that this is shown mostly in younger children. They are unable to separate their own beliefs, thoughts and ideas from others.
3. Poor me - Always come to you when they have problems for advice, but when you need to vent or advice they're very short with you. So not fair when you don't mind spending two hours plus to cool them down; instead for you it's like five minutes. You're not a therapist. They may also stay mad at you when you two are in a fight. This is because they can only see their point of view.
4. Clingy - Can't share you with other people. When they do see you with other people, they're jealous because they want you all to themselves. Can't include you to see a movie with their boyfriend/girlfriend. Spends lots of time with them, and when their other half is busy they want you all the time. They will ditch you for them if they come around.
5. Fake - Smiles in your face, but when around other people, make you feel small by continuously putting you down verbally. They may also do things such as drugs and deny it. They might promise to call you back, but never do. Always keeps you waiting. Always make excuses as to why they didn't call you.
6. Never acknowledges your ethnicity/culture - Considers you something else, and think it's alright to insult you heritage by using derogatory slang words around you knowing it offends you. Doesn't accept you for you for all that you are.
7. Spies - These people are not your true friends. They are like assets and they maybe working for someone else to find about you. They may do this because they are jealous, if they want to teach you a lesson or if they want to get close to your boyfriend or brother. They are not really interested in you. You might notice that these people always need to know everything. For example, you may be talking to another friend about a secret and she/he wants to know what you're talking about. They often try to overhear conversations between you and other people. They often lie. They may lie their name, age etc from you. Be careful from them. They may soon blackmail or bully you. They may eat up your things. If they bully you never be shy to tell an elder. So try to dump this friend as soon as you find out that they are poisonous.
Be prepared to have the strength to walk away from the friendship, if fair agreements cannot be met. A friend that bullies is not a friend. A true friend is willing to acknowledge the issue, and carry their weight in repairing the issue.
Bad friends have to be identified correctly in the right time and should be avoided. If they are bad they can never be termed as friends but are just acquaintances.
Bad friends will only drag you into bad habits. Companions who were once friends, when they turn out to be bad are worse because they know your entire secret and may drag you down anytime. So, it is crucial to identify true friendship and confide only in them.
Bad friends are always a trouble. Stephen king said, “no good friends no bad friends only people you want, need to be with .People who build their houses in your heart”. Bad friends are worse than our enemies. So they should always be kept at a distance.
Enemies will stab you in your friend and we will be aware of their moves. But bad friends will stab at the back without us knowing what their moves will be. This kind of betrayal is very hard to undergo. So,get rid of bad friends.
Saturday, June 18, 2011
I am so blessed to have a wonderful father of my daughter. He is so caring, loving, patient, understanding and kind. Words are not enough to describe how great he is, as a father and a partner. He's truly a God's gift to our family.
Friday, June 17, 2011
It was memorable because I've got a chance to make a confession. It was my 2nd confession this year. Though, I won't dare to tell in full details as how they went and so on, so forth...
I was and still am happy that the parish priest was so helpful and supportive and so the CLS community. They're going to help us arrange our marriage vows soon! I was a little bit overwhelmed that day. With all the blessings that I have received the past week, I could really tell that God is listening to my prayers and that the holy Spirit is with me.
Another good news is that my first daughter can stay with me after her graduation next March or April. My hubby and I have consensus on my daughter's future. I am so glad that he is being so supportive, open, responsible, understanding and more loving lately. I mean he is more and more about something. Or he is just too generous and kind family man.
Moreover, I was called by the Management in one of the foundations (non-government org) here in Bangkok and told me that I will get a work permit after 3 months of working there as Volunteer. It was really good, because once I have got my visa, I can get my daughter in the Philippines anytime soon. By September or October (give or take), I'll have my work visa. I'll only have to report once a week in the Foundation, so that means that I still have time to do my other part time jobs such as tutorial, etc.
Last, last Friday, I went to the Agency here and luckily, I was accepted and started the five (5) days Substitute Teaching in one of the government schools here in Romklao (near our place). It was a great experience that I don't need to have demo teaching just to prove that I could teach as real teachers do. In 2000-2001, I was a home-room teacher in Antipolo City, teaching students aren't new to me anymore.
With so much blessings lately, I believe that God is always there for me. I became even more prayerful. Trials are not the reason to give up, lose hope, stop believing about God and doing bad things to ourselves and others. I had big trials, that was two weeks before these overflowing blessings came in to my life. I thought I would give up, but instead, I did not lose hope and faith to God. All the more that I had to lift all my troubles to the Lord. "Let go and let GOD...," I told myself. It is my FAITH to God, which is why I feel so blessed and peaceful.
Monday, June 6, 2011
This is difficult. To love your neighbor is not easy but to begin with.. First, we need to have PATIENCE & UNDERSTANDING. Better said than done, I guess. However, we must follow God's commandments if we wanted to have an eternal life. To love our neighbor, first we have to have LOVE ourselves in order to give love to others. And by loving ourselves, we must evaluate ourselves in dealing with others. If someone shows some bad attitudes toward us, it is probably that we have some problems within ourselves. Try to correct and examine ourselves then, maybe that someone will change his/her mind in dealing with us. Humility is the key.
Session 5: Loving Your Neighbor
1. Loving neighbors, together with loving God, form the core of the Christian life.
2. Love is not only having positive feelings, not always saying "yes", not defensive, not self seeking, not manipulative
3. Christian love is:
* Connected with keeping God's commandments
* Self-sacrificial LOVE
* Committed service to others
4. Our neighbor is anyone who is in need of our help
5. Characteristics of Christian love in 1 Cor. 13:4-7
* Substitute "I" for "LOVE"
Jesus showed us the way to tru Christian Love by the parable of the Good Samaritan, by his washing of his disciples' feet, and most of all by his dying for us on the cross. Are we prepared to love others, in the way Jesus loved you?
It made me realized many things. Trials are not the reason to give up or make you fear, hopeless, hateful, or at times we blame everyone and even God for the challenges that we're facing. In fact, trials are signals that we have to cling on more to God and submit ourselves to Him for He has a better plan for all of us.
When have deeper relationship to the Lord, all the problems that we've been longing to pray for.. Most of them are answered one by one, sometimes all at the same time or in times that you won't even expect to happen.
It was last week that I witnessed God's miracle. As He has answered my prayers one by one. I just prayed hard as if I was talking to my bestfriend sharing my burden. Suddenly, I found answers, better options (not only one), ways on how to deal with my problems. Indeed, God is good! We just have to ask (pray) blessings from God and we will receive. Of course, we have to be patient and sincere in praying. Sometimes, God says no to our prayers because He knows what's the best for us. We just have to TRUST in the Lord.
Session 4: The Christian Ideal: LOVING GOD
1. God wants us to make loving Him our highest ideal. Thus, God made into a commandment of the highest priority.
Matthew 22:37-38 - "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul and with all your mind" This is the greatest and the first commandment.
2. We are to love God with all our hearts.
* Not an emotion, which is changeable, but rather a commitment, a decision to LOVE
* We are to be totally committed to God, to put Him first
* We need to have a personal relationship with God, and spend regular time with Him in PRAYER nad the BIBLE
3. We are to love God with all our minds
* We are to serve God with the use of our mind
* We keep our minds clean and holy
* We use our minds according to God's truths and not according to the world's ways.
* We preoccupy our minds with the things of God
* We protect and preserve our minds from unholy influences
4. We are to love God with all our strength
* We give God all our resources: time, money energy, gifts, abilities, possessions
5. We are to love God with all our souls.
* Nurturing our spirit with prayers, self reflection, meditation. By doing good and following His first and second commandments.
6. Jesus is our model in loving God
* Dedicated to accomplishing his mission
* Obedient unto death
* Constantly seeking the Father's will
In our self reflection everyday, let's think about these questions below:
How have we loved God in a concrete way? How can we say that we love God?
Friday, June 3, 2011
I thought the word "hopeless" exist for real because I was feeling it before.. Especially, when it comes to have better opportunity for me to work with a permit.
I figured, it was just a state of mind. Hope ends when we're burried 6 feet below the ground... "When there's LIFE, there is HOPE"~Cicero.
Fortunately, I came across online about this private organization which is pretty much related to my field of expertise/study. Good news is.. I lived very close to it.. as in, I have spent 160 baht taxi fare (back & forth) yesterday :)
I skipped doing my other online activities the past few weeks so as to give way on my searching online jobs and thinking how could I be able to work legally, with less competition. Luckily, I got many options to work with permit here. But, I don't need to work right away.
So, I have spent my entire two weeks to search jobs that are relevant to my Bachelor's degree. I just thought that there are so many teachers around here and felt that it would be difficult to be one just because of other qualifications that they're asking.
I have decided to go and apply (by myself) as a VOLUNTEER. Why? because it is the only way that I could for now. I could provide assitance and so building my professional networking strategies, preparing for the near future.
When I was there, they greeted me and I introduced myself. They're so welcoming. I handed my curriculum vitae along with my credentials to the Psychologist and Managing Director (English speaking Thais). We had a brief interview about their Foundation. They're amazed how I found their website and the job vacancies, but rather would become a volunteer. In fact, there are possible jobs available for me. I told them that I have to take care of my 13 month old baby and when she turns 2, I could be able to work as full time. They agreed. I have learned that volunteers are also given work permits but it depends on the evaluation/discretion of the Director (of course).
Immediately, we have scheduled my day 1 as volunteer in KG, they have 18 children ages ranging from 3-6. It is a Foundation so the tuition fee is cheap (1,000 baht a year). They introduced me to the KG teachers and the children. I was so happy to meet them all. Out of curiousity, I asked the Psychologist if there are Thai Social Workers employed in their Organization. He replied, "None, we are psychologists here, if given a chance that we hire you, it's for the first time.."
They insisted me if I could go visit the jail about 3 hours away from Bangkok. I declined. I said that I prefer to volunteer or work close to my home so I could come early to work and go home easily (notwithstanding the traffic).
We already have scheduled my first volunteer work for next week and I am so much excited. We have exchanged numbers so we could contact each other. I will have to draft my work plan this weekends and email it to them.
Meanwhile, my hubby has a salary increase effective last month. He told me yesterday that my daughter may enroll in November this year. But, I told him that she's too young to go to school. She will be 19 months old by then! He reasoned out that children here are going to school as early as 2 years old. We have ageed that I could only work full time.. if our daughter has started going to school. Patient is a virtue, though.
But, the Bible said: "Good things will come to those who wait.." (Psalm 27:14; Lamentations 3:25-26; Romans 8:25) God is good all the time! :)
Thursday, June 2, 2011
My faith in God was tested many times for the past two weeks. I thought I couldn't be able to handle it. If not for believing, trusting and worshipping the Lord.. I would probably give up easily and vulnerable to make bad decisions (again).
Thank God! I have found the answers.. It was only Wednesday that I have come to my senses. God is awesome! I have learned the following as I went though all these:
1. Patience & Understanding
2. Openness & Compassion
3. Forgiving Heart & Humility
4. Proper Communication & Cooperation
5. Above all.. FAITH in God
This song is exactly how I am feeling ♥ Thank, God for He answered my prayers and still praying for my other challenges.
Starting Over Again by Natalie Cole, but the performer on this video is Sheryn Regis (Filipino)
And, when I hold you in my arms I promise you
You're gonna feel a love that's beautiful and new
This time I'll love you even better
Than I ever did before
And you'll be in my heart forever more
We, we're just too young to know
We fell in love and let it go
So easy to say the words goodbye
So hard to let the feeling die
I know how much I need you now
The time is turning back somehow
As soon as our hearts and souls unite
I know for sure we'll get the feeling right
And now we're starting over again
It's not the easiest thing to do
I'm feeling inside again
"Cause everytime I look at you
I know we're starting over again
This time we'll love all the pain away
Welcome home my lover and friend
We are starting over, over again
If we niver lived alone
Then we might have never known
All of the time we spent apart
All we did was break each other's hearts
And when I hold you in my arms I promise you
You're gonna feel a love that's beautiful and new
This time I'll love you even better
Than I ever did before
And you'll be in my heart forevermore
And now we're starting over again
This time we'll chase all the rain away
Welcome home my lover and friend
We are starting over, over again
We are starting over, over again
Monday, May 30, 2011
My mind traveled backwards, where I was still in Manila working as a Customer Support Professional at Stream Global. Those were happy, routinary tasks. But, I did enjoy my job. It was important because I could earn a decent living and be able to support my eldest daughter, that time. I loved my job because I felt good (the best among my past jobs).
In fact, if not for my loving better half, I wouldn't be here right where I am now! I would still probably working as what I was. He made me choose over my career and living with him. Of course, he is important to me so obviously, the latter was my answer. I have no regrets about my choice. It's just that I wanted to live with my two daughters and him. That is my dream. I believe that there are no mothers who could afford to forget or neglect any of her children.
Looking back still.. I was thinking on how we began to make friends, became close and morethan friends up to the time I have decided to follow him here where he lives. I just thought that I was braved with what I have done. I have faith and trusted in God that my decision will lead me to happiness on my personal life. Then, I have faith in myself and most of all... I have faith in him that he will take good care of me.
Why was I reminiscing? I did mention on my previous post that past is past and we have to look forward. However, I can only say that we won't be guided accordingly if we do not review or look back those things that happened before so we could assess ourslves if we achieved or will achieve the outcome that we want in life. It is difficult to look forward if we don't learn from our mistakes, too. We might end up repeating the same mistakes over and over again. Life is a cycle and so our attitudes.
I am assessing myself and I must say... I failed to do something for my better half while he's striving to do the best that he can. I may just giving him so much credits because I love him, but this is what I feel. He may not know that I feel guilty at times when I couldn't do some things for him. Like, the household chores. Have I changed drastically? Maybe changes in weight (silly grin)... But, I feel not.
In times like this, I feel something different. I have hurt his feelings many times but I was unaware, deaf or insensitive. It isn't my intention to hurt him. NO! But, why is this happening? I was reading our first emails and touched by our sincerest hi and hello. Each word was so meaningful and as I kept on reading them all... It reminds me of my intense feelings for him before. It hasn't change that much. I began to know him more and more... He was and is still the guy that I chose to love now and then. There are challenges in our relationship and I believe that it is normal. Every relationship has problems, joys and everything... That is LIFE!
I was looking back to improve myself so I could be someone worthy of his love. By doing so, I realized that I made mistakes and things that aren't good for us. I don't wanna lose him because he is someone special. I wish I could do something to make up for my shortcomings. Praying hard to make him happy again like my first day in Bangkok. He was happy to meet and pick me up at the Suvarnabhumi airport. Today, is my anniversary of living here in Thailand.
I guess I have to cut back on my food intake as my weight is telling me I am no longer in shape and I don't want to be called over weight... Guess what??? I AM OVER WEIGHT!!! Awww.. I have to do something about this and other things that may ruin our relationship. It is good to realize it earlier...before it's too late! Mission Impossible: Bring me back in shape and youthful glow like this 2009 pic!!! :D
Sunday, May 29, 2011
I have noticed and actually experienced last week's trials about my personal life. As something bad came up, that I couldn't be able to discuss here due to its sensitivity. Two bad things happened last week and to me, it's really the things that I've been praying for everyday and everytime I ask for blessings. No, I don't wanna blame God for what happened last week. I've noticed that since I joined the CLS and to belong in a spiritual group, my personal life has become like this and this started last week. I have even shared this during our small group workshop because those are really bothering me, up to now. They were right by saying... It wasn't God who are doing bad things about my life, but Satan. Satan is doing everything to pull me down and he is active thesedays as I am trying to become active and renewing my faith to God. It made me think that I MUST hold on all the more to HIM.
I know that it is challenging to make people who knew me believe of what I am doing right now, because I am not a good role model and I humbly accept that I have sinned and my dream is to be given a blessing of matrimony someday.
Session 2: What means to be a Christian?
1. When we accept Jesus as our Savior and Lord, we became Christians. Since we now carry the name of Christ. We must know what it means to be a Christian in order to fully live out our calling.
2. Misconceptions or incomplete notions about Christianity.
* a mere religious system
* a mere moral system
* a social humanitarian system
* an escape from the realities of life
3. The essence of Christianity is union with God, made possible through the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
* it is a relationship initiated by God, out of His mercy and love for us.
* in Christianity, we become a new creation and participate in the very life of Christ
* we take on the nature of God, which is holiness.
4. Practical implications of being a Christian
* we can trust in God because God is our loving Father
* we can stop worrying because God knows our needs and will provide for us.
* we are brothers and sisters in Christand are committed to care for one another.
* since life on earth is temporary, we are to look to things that will enrich us for our eternal life rather than for this eartly life
* we can have peace and joy inspite of any circumstances.
Session 3: Repentance and Faith
1. God loves us, God sent His own Son to die for us. God has initiated a relationship with us as Father. Our proper response to all God has done for us is REPENTANCE and FAITH.
2. The Greek word for repentance is "metanoia" which literally means "a change of mind".
* it is a change of direction in life. It is a change in the way we live our lives, dropping an old set of ideals and values and adopting new ones
* specifically, repentance means a turning away from sin, evil, wrongdoing and running our own lives
* further, it is turning to a life of obedience to God and having Jesus on the throne of our lives.
3. Specific serious sins we must renounced:
* participation in non-Christian religions
* spiritualism and the occult (ghost hunting,horoscope,fortune telling/tarot cards, witch craft, etc)
* sexual wrongdoing (rape,homosexuality,pedophile,casual sex and any kind of sex outside marriage)
* serious crimes (murder, rape, masacre, drug and sex trafficking, etc.)
4. Faith is a belief in the good news of salvation in Jesus. It is a belief in Jesus as our personal Savior.
5. Consequences of repentance and faith:
* salvation from sins, Satan, death
* forgiveness and eternal life with God
* new life in the Holy Spirit
It is so difficult to not sin but if we always pray God will guide us, protect and save us from evil Satan. We must only ACCEPT and BELIEVE in Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior. Our strong faith in God and repentance of our sins will save us from hell.
Monday, May 23, 2011
So.. in short, I joined the Handmaids of Christ yesterday (Sunday) and felt really good after. I think four hours of the CLS seminar is not enough to grow spritually. But, the facilitator did mention that we need to have spiritual growth... atleast, one day at a time. Open our hearts to the Lord one step at a time, slowly opening the doors of our hearts which was locked because of our own selfishness and earthy life styles.
I was moved to tears, as we sang the opening and closing song, "Open The Eyes of My Heart Lord"
One of my favorite Christian songs
Session # 1: God's LOVE
1. The situation in the world today
* Serious disorder in society: war, poverty, murder, etc.
* On a personal level: loneliness, depression, fear, etc.
* Man makes various efforts to improve the world, but is not succeeding because these are not based on God's wisdom.
2. God has a plan for bringing us out of confusion and disorder.
* God is interested in our lives.
* God wants to restore our fellowship and intimacy with Him.
3. We need God's point of view.
* Satan is real and is behind the evils in the world.
* On our own strength, we cannot overcome the challenges in our Christian life.
4. Jesus Christ is the answer.
* Jesus is the fullness of God's love.
* In Jesus, God's plan for restoration can begin to happen in our lives.
* We need simply to accept Jesus as Lord and Savior.
We had a little group sharing in the afternoon, we were divided according to our status. I belong to the Handmaids of Christ group. In our group, we first introduced ourselves and shared how we personally experienced God's love..
I was not hesitant to share about my life because I know that is the truth and I wasn't telling them about my life because I am too proud of my mistakes nor too blind to see those mistakes that I had in the past. I was telling them because I believe that it will enlighten my burden and ease the little pain, to let it out in my heart so I could carry or take it lightly. Likewise, I am telling this to someone to tell them NOT TO DO WHAT I DID. Inspire them using my life's lesson that I fail and down, but I CHOSE and STILL CHOOSING to STAND UP after all or after the FALL. I believe that is LIFE all about. Learning from mistakes.
Looking forward for our next session on Sunday. May God be with me always.
Thursday, May 19, 2011
I had random interviews with expat teachers and other personnel who have been working here in the Kingdom for years and that they mostly say that they haven't experienced receiving bonus or anyting extra similar to that kind.
Expat workers in Thailand have their own versions of performance appraisal. The benefits of passing this depends on the needs of the company. If the company is not happy with your service, they might easily tell you these:
1. "You're fired!"
2. "We will not give you a working visa"
3. "The Management has decided not to renew your contract..."
4. "Your performance is telling me not to give you an increase.."
5. "You won't get promoted because of your performance this month.."
Finding a job here is not easy if you don't have any idea how to deal with the local people and foreigners, work environment, Thai's social and cultural aspects and the nature of job that you're applying for.
If you're lucky, you will receive this kind of letter below saying that you did a good job! Hence, you will receive a bonus reward equivalent to your one month salary. Not bad! But it takes lots of time and effort to pass the performance evaluation. It's like passing through the eye of the needle. Or maybe so easy for others. Others may perform very well. However, some companies do not have this kind of benefit.
Take a look at this. I wonder when will I ever get this kind of appreciation from the employer LOL. I admire both my mom and my hubby because they are hard working and dedicated about their jobs. I wish I could be like them. But, I understand that people are different and they have their own special way of being human LOL.
The letter above was addressed to my hubby. We are so proud of him. He is inspired because he is happy with us. He is such a good person, father, husband, teacher, staff/co-worker, neighbor, son, friend and most a GOOD MAN. Kudos to my hubby! As the saying goes... "Behind every success of a man is a woman". But, I will edit this into: "Behind his success is a wife and a daughter.." :D
Thanks be to God!
Sunday, May 15, 2011
Last May 13th(Friday), I witnessed how Blogger.com made bloggers like us felt so bad, depressed and disappointed. When I woke up that morning, the first time I checked was my blogger account before reading my emails and chatting with friends. It was in read mode only. I couldn't log in and the web banner saying that blogger is under maintenance, blah blah blah.. So got frustrated to get in to my dashboard to see and check my post or even to create a new blog entry.
I know that Blogger is still the best, user friendly and coolest blog service platform in blogging arena. This is my first time to experience trouble but it's nothing serious because all my blogs are complete.. (Thanks a lot!) But, there were or are people complaining that they lost their recent posts after the Blogger has announced that it's back to normal.
Hereunder are screen shots that I got from Facebook expressing bloggers' (public) feelings, disappointment and anger...
I wish this incident won't happen again because I rely on Blogger.com so much. This blog is my main and I have no back up copy of these posts that were written down here. If these posts will be completely erased... I don't know what to do. I love blogging and this is my hobby.. my passion and obsession. Blogger is still my favorite among the rest. So please do your job not to make this thing happen.. EVER again. I trust this site.
In this case, this only shows that many people are now using blogspot aka Blogger.
Tuesday, May 10, 2011
Are they cloned? Separated at birth? What do you think? ;)
Here's another one! :D
Elisha Ann Cuthbert (born November 30, 1982) is a Canadian film and television actress. Cuthbert is known as the former co-host of the Canadian children's television series Popular Mechanics for Kids. In 1998, she had her first film role in Airspeed.
Angelica Panganiban (From Philippines)
She is a Filipino American actress-model-host in the Philippines, her famous movies are Separada, Santa Santita and A Love Story. Date of birth: November 4, 1986
Maria Ozawa aka Miyabi (From Japan)
She was born on January 8, 1986, who used the name Miyabi (みやび) early in her career, is a Japanese adult video (AV) actress known in Japan as an AV idol.
Whoa! Really look a likes! These three pretty ladies have same faces. Elisha Cuthbert, Angelica Panganiban and Maria Ozawa or Miyabi. Angelic faces :D They are all actresses in their fields and surprisingly, they're born in 1980's. Angelica and Maria are both the same year! :)
How about you? Who's your celebrity look a like? ;):D
If you wanna know who will that be.. try to upload your pictures to picitup.com and myheritage.com (the look-a-like generator)
Monday, May 9, 2011
Here below are videos from you tube. Next time, we will have it videotaped so we have our own version here hehehe
Talay Krung Thep The world's biggest wave pool with cascading waterfalls and numerous rock pools.
I had fun here but, I had no chance for picture taking, so afraid to bring my camera with me because I thought it would only soaked in wet :(
Siam Park City (Thai: สวนสยาม pronounce in Thai as "Suan Siam") is an amusement and water park in the Khan Na Yao district of Bangkok, Thailand. It opened in November 1980.
The wave pool is now the largest in the world as certicified by Guinness World Records and stretches an impressive 13,600 sq m and is the only man made beach in the city. The theme park originally started off with only a few rides, but over the years the owner has expanded and it now has over 30 different rides.
Theme Park Attractions/Rides
Is one of the two largest suspended looping coasters in the world, and the first of its kind in South East Asia. It is 765 meters long and consists of 5 loops with several drops. Designed and built by Vekoma co.ltd
75-meter free-fall ride.
Reverse roller coaster with 3 loops. It is a well-known coaster custom from Vekoma co.ltd
The park's newest attraction and a truly impressive spectacle as well as a thrilling ride.
Will launch you up to the sky and then spin you in and out of the fountains, so be prepared to get wet
Siam Park Tower
A 100-meter high automatic observation tower which offers a 360-degree panorama of Bangkok.
will swing you around with its spider-like arms.
One of the very first attractions in the park and is a double decker merry-go-round.
Pirate ship ride with a dragon theme.
One of the newest attractions to the park. You can choose to go on either a boat or train trip round the Island. Here you will see animatronics of tigers and elephants and evenKing Kong.
A Jeep ride into the world of ancient creatures. Using Animatronics you will see over 30 different species of dinosaurs, and an exploding volcano.
Dinosaur museum. Here you will learn the history behind these amazing creatures.
Will spin you around and launch you into the sky at 24m meters high.
Magical flying carpet with centrifugal spin.
Copy of Disneyland's Orbitron.
UFO-themed thrill ride.
360-degree thrill ride without any safety belts. It is the same model as in Six Flags Magic Mountain.
Space-themed flight simulator.
Spinning thrill ride for adults.
Rock & Roll
This ride will have you rockin and rolling round the track
Spinning giant plate ride, where the sheer G-force of the ride will have you glued to your seats.
A terrifying haunted house tour.
A new ride that opened in 2009, which will send you gliding through the air.
Water Park Attractions
Talay Krung Thep The world's biggest wave pool with cascading waterfalls and numerous rock pools.
Speed Slides The 75 feet high slider that was recorded as the tallest slider in the world since 1970.
Super Spiral 4 integrated spiralling slides at varying levels.
Lazy River The flowing river moving throughout the water park.
Spa Club The health spa club with original Thai message.
The entrance fee costs 300 baht for adult and 100 baht for kids. Toddlers about 1-2 years old is free. There is a certain height they require for children to pay the entrance fee. If you want to have a special package you need to pay 600 baht.
Don't forget to ask a map so you won't get lost hehehe. The chair rental costs 10.00 baht for the whole day and if you have lots of things to secure, you need a locker. They will ask you to pay 30 baht (with deposit fee already). They have swimsuit for rent, but I suggest that you have to bring your own because that is technically unhealthy (ewww!!).
If you're a tourist and you wanna know how much would be the budget to go here.. it would be more or less 1,000 baht only that includes your entrance ticket (300 baht) and your food. The cheapest that you can buy there is 15-20 baht for snacks. But, you can bring your own food to save a little. Just buy at 7-11 for your snacks, so cheap! There is also a Mc Donalds driveway nearby, it is facing the Ram Inthra road. But, eating in Mc Donalds is soooo expensive, I tell you!
If you have any questions, just visit their website or email me LOL