Monday, November 22, 2010

Best Places To Hang Out With Children

I've searched online on how to spend our next vacay in the Philippines this coming January (2011). Surprisingly, my kind hearted partner gave an early Christmas present 3 days ago... it's a round trip ticket to Manila! woohooo!!! I'm loving it and surely love it when I get there.

I prepared a list of itinerary to spend this 39 days with my favorite girls: my KIDS!

First of all, I am considering the budget so I would definitely explore Manila areas and closer provinces. That will save TIME, MONEY and EFFORT considering that I will be with my two young ladies (11 years;9 months old).


1.) Antipolo- The Pilgrimage City


* Our Lady of Peace and Good Voyage Church
- Since, we lived near this place, we should better go and attend the Sunday worship service with my kids. It will be our first time for us to go there together.



Located at the Town Proper of Antipolo, the home of Our Lady of Peace and Good Voyage (Nuestra Senora De la Paz Y Buen Viaje). Historians say that this miraculous icon has sailed back and forth between Manila and Acapulco eight times and on several occasions was credited with saving her galleon form destruction by pirates and Dutch and British blockades. The galleon's safe arrivals were attributed to the miraculous powers of the statuette. It was on November 26, 1626 that Archbishop of Manila, Michael O' Doherty. The month of May is a fiesta in Antipolo were thousands of devotees especially those intending to travel abroad come to pay homage to the Shrine of Our Lady of Good Voyage to ask for a safe voyage.

* Swimming - It would definitely incomplete without visiting these resorts with them. They both love to swim :) so I just listed some of the famous resort in Antipolo. We'll think about which one of these is the best in terms of money, services and features.

Villa Cristina Hotel & Resort @ Taktak Road, Antipolo City ;(632) 697-4521

Bosay Resort - http://bosayresort.com/index.html

Overlook Resort Hotel - http://www.overlookresortel.com/index.html

2. Quezon City Circle- I was born and raised in Quezon City and I love this place definitely, specially the bike rides. I remember when I was in highschool, we used to practice our mini program here. Early monring, you will find group of people gathering for yoga session, aerobics, belly dancing, taekwondo, etc. It is also a good place for jogging and walking(must be early morning, of course because of the pollution lol)



* Biking
* Circle of Fun Park and Play Ground

3. SM Mall of Asia - I've never been to this place since it was built (shocked) but we will surely gonna visit this.





We will watch a movie in IMAX and will go to the Nido Fortified Science Discovery Center, afterwards.

REFERENCE: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SM_Mall_of_…

4. Manila - One day tour of the following: Fort Santiago, Intramuros, and Luneta Park. When in Intramuros, have dinner at Ilustrado, try their Sampaguita Ice cream! Sampaguita is a type of Jasmine, so yes, it's ice cream made of flowers.

5. Baguio City - Oh! this is one of my favorite places in the Philippines. I would like to encourage foreigners to visit this exciting place, really cool! as in literally. If you don't want the sunny hot weather in Manila or in other places, you must go to Baguio and Tagaytay and you'll surely love it! There are many places to visit here.

Activities:
* Attend mass @ Baguio Cathedral
* Horse back riding- CHECK! we will try this with my two girls :)
* Photo fun shoot (absolutely YES!!!)
* Shopping galore
* happy dining

Tourist spots:
* Burnham Park
* Camp John Hay
* Mines View Park
* Botanical Garden
* The Mansion
* Baguio Cathedral

It is not difficult to find the right public transportation in the Philippines, (unlike here in Thailand) because everything is translated in English. Plus the fact that most Filipinos can speak English clearly.

It's just my plan and of course it will all depends on the budget. So from now, I just hoping and praying that I will have enough money to go to these places I've listed hahaha I'm keeping my fingers crossed (wink)




http://ph.answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AjJ.BBklYeWKdOjkQMVfXzB7SAx.;_ylv=3?qid=20101123195131AAGp8Ti

http://google.com

http://yahoo.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...