Random Thoughts🦋

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Filipino Restaurant Here In Bangkok

I went out for lunch this afternoon to meet my future business partner. She's been here in Thailand for so long and her family is also here. She invited me to eat at a Filipino restaurant located at Pridi Banomyong (aka Phra Khanong) Soi 40.

I rode bus 113 from Minburi then, went off at Ramkamhaeng Mall and transferred to bus 40. After I reached Phrakhanong station in BTS, I called her to meet me there as I didn't know how to get there at our meeting place. I worried that I got lost that day.

While waiting for her, I looked around and took a picture of what I found in that place.

The place I was at. They call this BTS Station (or the MRT counterpart in the Philippines)Phrakhanong


I glanced at the BTS route map.


I saw this interesting vehicle that looks similar to ours. They call it "tuktok"

The name of the restaurant is "Kumpleto" which means "complete" in the Filipino language. I looked at their menu for the day and I was surprised because they have caldereta (beef in yummy sauce) and bulalo (beef and bone marrow soup with cabbage) which are my favorite Filipino food. So we ordered them, not knowing that the bulalo soup we ordered was already good for 3-4 people and we were only two. The price per order is 250baht 😉




Caldereta- yummy sauce and meat. I will post my recipe there on my other blog "Food Tripping and Recipes", once I already tried cooking this.


Bulalo- I don't think my Sweetheart will love this because he likes saucy meat food like adobo, estofado, and caldereta but not this kind of food. But I really love this food because of the soup and the bone marrow so yummylicious! 😍


They also have a mini variety store inside the restaurant where you can buy Filipino products like canned and instant goods, snacks, hotdogs, and other processed meat.


Likewise, they have a social networking site to endorse their products and the Filipino restaurant.


My business partner having a bowl of bulalo soup.


I had fun eating there and I am looking forward to coming back soon. Now I know where to go if I am craving Filipino food... 😍

6 comments:

  1. HI. do you happen to know their phone numbers?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi sis,
    We are all surprised when we interviewed one of our newbie in kumpleto.com website, we asked how she found out about our site and she mentioned it is through this 'haven site'.
    I would like to thank you for posting the pictures of our resto and for the positive review.

    Please let us know the next time you visit the resto.

    Regards,
    Malou

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Kumpeto- hi madam Malou! I know you're one of the owners of kumpleto.com & restaurant. You are welcome. Might be she/he is a friend of mine hahaha I'm just one of your many Filipino customers here in Thailand. Just wonder if you happen to have other branch/es of your restaurant here. Just hope to visit next time probably before the end of this month or some time before this year ends.

    Thank u for visiting my site.

    More power!

    Elektra <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Pizza- hello there! welcome to my site and thank you for reading my blog. I don't have their phone number/s but I know how to get there and I know their website. Just let me know if you need help as to how to get there :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi, we are new in bangkok...just arrived more than a week with the whole family. thanks for this post, will be going to kumpleto site to know their exact address...:) are you living around sukhumvit? i havn't met any filipino yet. :( have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

Labels

2023 Alone Angkor Wat baby bop Bangkok Bangkok Floods 2011 Bangkok stories about schools Bangkok Travel barney behind his success is a wife and a daughter better than yesterday Birth certificate and newborn passport Birthday blogger under maintenance blogging Bonus Reward working as Expat in Thailand Cambodia Tour Cambodia trip Cambodia trip to Angkor Wat Chinese New Year in Bangkok Christianity Christmas Christmas in Bangkok Christmas Party in Bangkok Christmas season Coffee World concert Cost of Living in Thailand cute babies Dairy Queen Ice cream cake epic practice exploring Thailand Family family date Father's Day Filipino food in Bangkok Filipino Restaurant in Bangkok first time blogging floods in Bangkok Food tripping Friday the 13th: Blogzilla Fever Friendship half sisters hindrance to blogging Holiday HP battery not charging HP notebook repair Important Tips During A Family Interview at US Embassy Applying for Citizenship in Thailand International School Library Week Journey Journey to Haven joy Kanchanaburi Kumpleto Restaurant in Bangkok Laos Life little big club Living in Thailand Love Malls in Bangkok Misa De Gallo in Bangkok Motivation movie date at Bangkok Movie house my favorite Thai food New Year in Bangkok new year's resolution Oishi Japanese Restaurant patience is a virtue personal blog Places in Bangkok Positive Attitude pretty daughters reasons why I couldn't blog Relationship self care self improvement self-care shopping galore in Bangkok Siam Park City Amusement Park Simbang Gabi Sizzler's Bangkok soul mate Sports Day staneemeehoi craziest bar hunkmen screaming Bangkok struggles Survivor Teaching in Bangkok Teaching Jobs Temple Thai food Thai Immigration Office Thailand Beach Resort Thailand shopping The Right One Theme and Water Parks Tips on VAT refund for tourist in Thailand TOEIC test Bangkok TOIEC Strategies/tips Tourist Visa Travel and Tour Travel Document's with Baby Trip to Laos true love Valentine's Day VAT refund for tourist in Bangkok Vientiane Visa Run welcome back

TRAFFIC UPDATES

Christmas Lunch Date at MK Restaurant Minburi Branch

Hello everyone! Welcome or welcome back to my website. It’s me again for another blog about our lunch date at MK Restaurant in Bangkok. So ...